Wednesday 23 April 2014

Sewing Workshops



I am teaching some Introduction to sewing workshops this weekend and to prepare myself I thought I would try out a simple project kit that came with Homemaker magazine (I really love this publication and have subscribed to it from Day one).

To really test my skills (and patience) I decided my daughter (age 5) was going to be my guinea pig! She got on surprisingly well, considering she had never used an iron or a sewing machine before, here's how it went...




Very excited to be using the iron (it was set really low)


 The look of concentration on her face was priceless!



I powered the foot pedal and Eva fed through the fabric!!



Ta da!



Then the fun bit.



The finished item and some silly faces!




Eva was really pleased with her cushion and said she will keep it forever and might even give it to her children!

I have a couple of places left on my workshops this weekend, we won't be making cushions, but we will be learning how to use a sewing machine and making chicken doorstops!! Here are the details, if you would like to book a place then message me...



1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Lindsay, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris