Wednesday 14 March 2012

New makes from some old things

The new ipad cosies are proving to be popular. Here is some photo's of the latest order, made using gorgeous Tanya Whelan fabric with a mirco red and white polka dot, the cosy has an integral pocket on the front and is finished off with a vintage button.


Talking of vintage, I had an most super time at the northampton vintage fair on Saturday, here are some of my finds. As anticipated most of these lovelies came from shabby polka dots and Ticking Stripe. 

They both had such a fabulous selection it was really hard to choose. In fact I was actually walking out the door when I decided I had to go back for the floral bark cloth (pictured on the top of the bottom photo). I am so glad I went back for it I wouldn't have slept!! I also really love the old wooden reel Sylko threads, especially the ones with the descriptive names on which are the earliest versions (before everything was given a number). They are really beautiful and great for props in photos but I have found they are completely rubbish for using in my modern sewing machine. Maybe that's a good excuse to invest in an old beauty, I'll have to see if I can find one at my next vintage fair!


1 comment:

Thecraftytrundler said...

Lovely to see your finds! Lovely to see your Ipad casas too, they're smashing!!!
I did have a lovely old hand operated Jones sewing machine, but sold it at MK. It was in excellent condition for it's age & had a key, and even the original tool kit in it's original box!!! If I find another, I will let you know : )

sharon xx