Thursday 27 October 2011

Vintagey bits - update

I've had a really good couple of days, getting new designs finished and stock replenished for the Craft Fair I am doing this weekend on Saturday 29th October. It's the first time I have done this particular fair, which is organised by Cuckoo's Nest Fairs I am very much looking forward to it. The event takes place at Victoria Hall in the heart of the pretty market town of Oakham. The town gets pretty busy on a Saturday, so hoping for lots of visitors, doors open 10.30 - 4.30pm and entrance is free, pop along and say hi! Fingers crossed for a good day :)

Yesterday I had a super morning at a fab vintage shop (it's more of a barn) based in Northampton, called A Most Marvelous Place to Shop and it truly is Marvelous, I found this gorgeous jug for a bargain £3.00 and it is now being used as a handy pen pot on my desk. Happy!


I've also been working on some new products using vintage and re-purposed fabrics, here is a pic of The Percy Cat Family. These are such fun to make and have all been made using upcycled fabrics and buttons, which makes me feel like I'm doing something good for the planet. In addition to this each cat is unique as I don't usually have enough fabric to make any more than one of each design. 

Coming soon to a Craft Fair near you ....



2 comments:

Thecraftytrundler said...

Lovely jug!! I enjoy visiting 'Most Marvellous' too, a great place!!
Good luck at the fair for you, and love your new kitties : )

Sharon xx

Lorna May said...

How was todays fair??
Love the jug :oD
How cute are those cats,The name made me laugh. My brother used to have a real bird which he called Percy.